preview creation in sleeping mode after import is complete ; need to wake it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

grosloulou

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
hallo,
Since LR4 I have always same bug : i import from d300 raw+jpg or from lumix tz10 and it works fine and card is ejected, then preview step starts and sleeps.
I need to double click on any jpg to wake it up and it goes up to the end of preview construction.

sometimes it works from start to end, generally when there are less than 60 files but not always the case.
It is like a memory is full and clicking on a jpg refreshes it,...

I heard lot of times that adobe is working on it but I don't believe it anymore. Has anyone already experimented this sleeping mode ?

I have the problem on several pc and windows OS

Import is always too slow.
Have you seen photomechanic, fastpicture viewer and new ononesoftware fast browser ???
Why not importing quickly and cataloging later ?

Adobe has never understood when we search an image we don't need lot of icons on thumbs and refresh of all development settings which were done so thumbnail display is very slow even with my i7, 64bits, 16GB ram, ssd HD :-(

best regards
marc

Are you still on 4.1, as per your profile?

Are you still on 4.1, as per your profile?
Hallo Victoria, i need to change my profile apparently :) I am using lr5.3 everything is ok except this sleeping just when it starts to create standard previews I am sure in the past i had this one time with lr3 on a small asus eeepc i took in my holidays when i transferred a CF card with 128 nef+jpg so the problem is not so recent marc

Hallo Victoria, i need to change my profile apparently :) I am using lr5.3 everything is ok except this sleeping just when it starts to create standard previews I am sure in the past i had this one time with lr3 on a small asus eeepc i took in my holidays when i transferred a CF card with 128 nef+jpg so the problem is not so recent marc
hallo, no new ? i imported 31 jpg from my lumix tz10 without problem and when standard previews start, it stopped after 5/31 jpg. i just click on the 15th jpg thumb without double clicking and lr wakes up and continues up to 31th preview. strange, not ??? note : how can i change my profile 5.4 version ? i have clicked on vie profile but see no tool to edit

note : how can i change my profile 5.4 version ? i have clicked on vie profile but see no tool to edit

Click on Forum Actions<Edit Profile in the forum menu bar:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 289
Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't do anything (i.e. no clicking), does it ever catch up on its own?

sorry i don't understand catch up.
it remains indefinitely on 5/31 or 1/100... Nothing happens.
It sleeps :)
I need to click on one thumb of imported images to wake up LR.
I had this on xp eeepc, xp tower, win7 64 bits new laptop,... It lasts for years.
But as said, sometimes i connect the CF card with 60 raw+jpg fine from my d300 and it reaches the end.
really strange phenomenon as if memory (cache ?) was full and needed to be flush by an action

kind regards
marc

Very odd. Sorry, I've heard intermittent reports but nothing solid on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back