• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Preview building hang-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resoman

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic CC, 8.1 release
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Since there's apparently no hope for the corrupted catalog file I've posted about, I've taken an older catalog and am importing more recent photos into it.
I successfully imported a folder of about 1800 photos this morning. The import process went well but LR stalled when it began building standard previews. I gave it a couple of hours, and it made no progress. I cancelled the preview building attempt, but need previews, of course. How do I initiate the preview building process on a folder of photos which are already imported?

Hal, thanks!
For some reason, it won't work. I tried to build previews for the entire folder and it hung up. I cancelled that operation and selected a single photo to build a preview, and the result is the same.
I went to the file on the drive and opened it in Preview - it's fine, plenty of resolution.
So what I need to figure out is , how come I can't build previews?

Here's the prompt I got when I attempted to make a single preview.
When I click on one of these files, it's very pixelated and says "Loading..." forever.

Alright, maybe I going crazy.
I did some other work in LR, and went back to my newly imported folder of 1800 photos. All the previews are there!
Maybe I just needed to close and reopen the folder?
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back