• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Presets and Preferences questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I am using Adaptive ISO preset. It's not selected in the import menu but it still applies my settings. How do I stop it from applying at import? I can see it in the preferences - presets.

Before I re-install LrC how do I reset my preferences and what will that do? If I don't resets should I keep them when re-installing? I can't find the link here for that.

Nothing is selected during Apply During Import but my Adaptive presets are applied including lens corrections and CA.

I'm not going to rerest preferences. I was having an issue making Topaz Denoise work in RAW but it turns out it's a Topaz issue, not LrC. I thought perhaps if changes were made to the original RAW data it somehow it affected the outcome. I wanted to try and import without a develop setting but I couldn't figure out how.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-8.35.50-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-8.35.50-AM.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-8.43.09-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-8.43.09-AM.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 92
Like you said yourself, you have selected the preset as camera default in the preferences. That is why it is applied on import. If you don’t want that, then you must disable it there. And that is why Jim asked for a screenshot of the preferences - presets tab, not for the screenshots you posted.

Like you said yourself, you have selected the preset as camera default in the preferences. That is why it is applied on import. If you don’t want that, then you must disable it there.
I see. I thought it had to be added at import as well. Thanks

As suspected disabling I didn't make any difference. Thanks again.

As suspected disabling I didn't make any difference. Thanks again.
Are you sure you disabled it correctly? Maybe that screenshot is still a good idea… And of course remember that it will only work for any newly imported images, not with already imported ones.

All my settings did not apply except for lens corrections and CA. Not sure about that. I just got a reply from Topaz tech support.

Thanks for reaching out. We're aware of this happening with some files/DNG files. We don't have a timeline of when we'd have an update about this, but our development team is looking into it to see if it can be corrected in future updates.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything else at this time.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-11.41.10-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-11.41.10-AM.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-11.42.17-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-11.42.17-AM.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 77
There's a bug in LrC in relation to R5 images (also R and R6 as well), in that LrC automatically applies LC and CA during import. Nothing to do with presets, it's a simple bug. I reported it a while back (March!), but it hasn't been fixed yet.

I am using Adaptive ISO preset. It's not selected in the import menu but it still applies my settings.
Now I am confused. Above is what you wrote in your original message… What has an adaptive ISO preset to do with lens corrections?…

My ISO Adaptive preset also includes lens correction and CA. I included them both for be low and high ISO files I was setting it up. When I disabled it in preferences they still where checked when I imported a new file. I couldn't figure that out . Jim explained it's a bug.

Well we all make mistakes now and then. I did get around to posting screen shots that were requested.

There's a bug in LrC in relation to R5 images (also R and R6 as well), in that LrC automatically applies LC and CA during import. Nothing to do with presets, it's a simple bug. I reported it a while back (March!), but it hasn't been fixed yet.
Jim,
Good information! I have been having this issue and been looking all over and just today posted on a thread here called Lens Corrections by Zenon.
I am getting develop settings for both Remove Chromatic Aberration and Enable Profile Corrections during import and do not have any develop settings selected to be applied during import. I am currently shooting a Canon R5 and importing CR3 files as DNG's.
Guess the fix is to wait on Adobe for a fix. Thanks.

Guess the fix is to wait on Adobe for a fix. Thanks.
If it's a concern (it's not to me as I would usually apply them anyway), you could always create a preset which disables those automatic corrections.

Not really but was wondering if I had something else not set correctly. Only thing for me is I usually do CA after all color corrections/changes. Not sure if it really matters. Thanks.

Not really but was wondering if I had something else not set correctly. Only thing for me is I usually do CA after all color corrections/changes. Not sure if it really matters. Thanks.

Adobe has its own internal order for applying edits including the automatic ones. It does not matter which order you apply adjustments. They will always be applied in the order determined by Adobe. The Only Caveat to that is local brush adjustments. These take up computer resources since they are applied at the pixel level. For performance reasons, it is best to apply these last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did not know that, thanks for enlightening me. Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back