Frederik

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi everybody,
I wonder if there is a plug-in, preset or similar for sale (or for free) somewhere with the camera profile for EOS R that can be used with LR 6.14. What I want is to be able to shoot in RAW only, import my RAW-pics to LR 6.14 and attain the Canon JPG-style colors as they appear on the screen in my camera, without having to shoot in JPG.
Does anyone know a fix for this (I don’t want to buy LR with subscription ).
/Frederik

If you use the free Adobe DNG converter to change your CR2 files to DNG, you'll be able to import them as raw files to Lightroom 6.x, but 6.14 will not have the profiles for that camera.

If you use the free Adobe DNG converter to change your CR2 files to DNG, you'll be able to import them as raw files to Lightroom 6.x, but 6.14 will not have the profiles for that camera.

Thanks, I am fully aware of the possibility of converting into DNG, so that is not the problem. I want to get the Canon JPG-style without using the JPG from the camera. Since the camera can do the convertion, it should be possible to replicate that process in LR.

Maybe a Canon utility can do it? Or Exiftool can extract the Canon JPEG from the raw file.

But for the price of many accessories for your new camera, you could have the subscription and full support of the file format.

Thanks, I am fully aware of the possibility of converting into DNG, so that is not the problem. I want to get the Canon JPG-style without using the JPG from the camera. Since the camera can do the convertion, it should be possible to replicate that process in LR.
Not really. That discussion is as old as raw files are. The camera uses a Canon raw conversion engine, while Lightroom uses the Adobe raw conversion engine.

Not really. That discussion is as old as raw files are. The camera uses a Canon raw conversion engine, while Lightroom uses the Adobe raw conversion engine.

I was wondering if not one of the millions of presets out there could do the job. But that's really not the case?

I was wondering if not one of the millions of presets out there could do the job. But that's really not the case?
If you use a version of Lightroom which really supports these raw files, then you can probably get close with the Adobe Camera profiles. But if you want identical results, you need to use an identical raw engine, so a Canon application.

If you use a version of Lightroom which really supports these raw files, then you can probably get close with the Adobe Camera profiles. But if you want identical results, you need to use an identical raw engine, so a Canon application.

Thanks for replying, but I really do not need advise on how I can waste my money on expensive subscription based versions of LR, as I am really fine with my stand alone LR 6.14. I just ask if anyone know about a preset that can get my RAWs close to the Canon JPG look. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back