? preset on importing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue McB

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have LR/CC, but mainly just use LR. When importing photos and then looking at them in the Develop module, the Shadows slider is not at neutral, but already moved to the right to reduce shadows. I do not want this on all imported photos, and I am wondering if I have inadvertently set something or a preset that is applied on import. How do I remove this please? Can I reset something somehow so photos are imported with no modifications. Thanks for any help.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Either you are applying a preset on Import (look at the "Apply During Import" section of the right-hand panel of the Import dialog and make sure that "Develop Settings" is set to "None"), or you have inadvertently changed the default Adobe develop settings. You can test the latter by taking one of the images into the Develop module, press and hold the Shift Key, and the "Reset" key will change to "Reset (Adobe)". Click on it and check to see if the Shadows slider moves back to the neutral zero position. If it does, that confirms the problem, so go to the menu bar in the Develop module and click on Develop>Set Default Settings>Restore Adobe Default Settings. This will fix things for new imports, but for existing photos you'll have to reset the Shadows slider manually.

On the right hand side of the Import screen is a panel which allows you to apply presets for Development settings and Metadata.

upload_2016-11-21_8-46-27.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back