• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Preset issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanthe

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC 9.2.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have made a few presets.

I made on that is Daylight and another one that is identical except it has two graduated screens. I named that one something else.

So when I click on the Daylight preset it renders fine.

When I then click on the one with the graduated screens the preset adds the local adjustments (two graduated screens).

However when I click back on the Daylight preset the local adjustments don't go away. Until I reset the image the graduated screens don't/won't disappear when I try and go back to the normal Daylight preset.

Doing something wrong? Bug in LR?

Presets are cumulative..
Daylight preset sets only the sliders and tools according to THAT preset
Daylight Graduated will set the tools for the Graduated filter plush any other sliders and tools in the preset.
Adding another preset to make other adjustments to the sliders and tools won’t change the adjustment to any graduated filter tools settings.

You can view the Preset file in a text editor and see which sliders and tools are affected by that preset.

Looking at this another way If you have a preset that changes the exposure to +1.0 and follow that with a preset that changes the texture to +80,, both slider will be set because you added two presets and get the cumulative effect of both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@clee01l —- Thank you for the reply.

So if I understand you when a local adjustment is in a preset you can not toggle back to the preset without the local adjustment once the preset with the graduated screen had been selected?

Yes, it is just like when you don't use a preset at all. If you make adjustments manually, develop slider by develop slider . If in step 1 you adjust the exposure and in Step two you adjust the tone curve . Adjusting the tone curve does not reset the Exposure. If Step 1 is a named preset adjusting several sliders, Step2 another preset adjusting some of the same sliders not not all, then Step 2 only affects the sliders that were set in step 2 to new values.
You can return to a point in the Develop History panel which will list any adjustments including presets by name . If you have a preset applied named "graduated" you can undo it by reverting to the history step just before "Preset: graduated". "Reset" is just another History step that sets all of the develop adjustment sliders and tools to their default state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back