• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The November 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes the ability to export the same photos as multiple sizes/formats in a single export, content aware fill for panorama edges and more. It does require a catalog format upgrade and there are updated system requirements, so you may want to wait a few days before upgrading.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options (such as TIFF format, renaming and color space), custom sort order on the desktop, copy/paste to multiple photos on iOS and more.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

PRESET folder organization issue

Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic version: 8.4.1
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
All my presets (LR classic 8.4.1) were organized in the past but for reasons that escape me, the user presets are now all in together with no folders or sub folders. I want to create some preset folders / groups to enable me to find them better. I am unable to find out how to do this. I would appreciate any help that can be given. Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Weird Forum result- The description with this link is wrong!!!

I have tried the Fix Presets Plugin, and it works great! Thanks to John Ellis.
I highly recommend.

"Fix Presets is a free plugin that works around a number of limitations and bugs in Lightroom's Develop presets, most of which were introduced in Lightroom 7.3: "

Last edited:
I am trying to organise the presets folders better but when I right click an existing preset I have no option to create a new folder which apparently I am supposed to have. I have options to rename, import etc but no Create folder. How do I create a folder in presets so I can organise better. Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
You need to use the workaround-
Create a new Preset, (call it anything)
And in the new Preset dialog- add to a new 'Group' from the drop-down menu in the Group field.
Now you will have the Group that you can move or add presets to.
A 'Group' will disappear if it does not contain at least one preset. So the 'anything' preset can be deleted after you have added others in this Group.
ScreenShot109.jpg

ScreenShot110.jpg

ScreenShot111.jpg

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi gavlow, grab the latest copy of your Classic book from the Members Area and bave a read of the Changes appendix. A fair bit around presets has changed since it was first published.