• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Prefix mandatory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemontana57

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Is there a way that you could 'force" people to put a prefix in their thread title?
If not, perhaps you could put that in a pinned post?

When I open the forums and scan, it's so much easier to scan the prefixes and then I can look at what I'm interested in, i.e. Develop, Export, etc...

Joe

Interesting idea... I'll look into it. Anyone else like or dislike the idea?

Bit indifferent really. I read all new posts anyway, so the prefix isn't really relevant to me.

Making it mandatory and making sure that everyone choose a relevant prefix may be an impossible task.

I'm quite happy just checking out the "NEW POSTS" on a regular basis. You would need a pre-populated drop down list (or similar) to force users to select a relevant prefix.

Bit indifferent really. I read all new posts anyway, so the prefix isn't really relevant to me.
Same.

Plus anytime some kind of categorization is mandatory, someone will have things that do not seem (at least to them) fit any category.

But that's not really an objection, just to me personally it's more a solution in search of a problem.

Making it mandatory and adding the category of "Other" might help when posting a new topic to think about what they are trying to ask.

It would not, however, help for the situation when you have the "I have the same problem" reply that then go on to describe a completely different problem.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back