• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Preferences lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebeke

Now and then, I see that some preference settings are back to their default.
Most frequently, it's the Photoshop File Format and the default catalogue to use at startup.

Anyone an idea of what might go wrong?

I already tried removing all library preference files, but this does not solve the problem.

Jan

b_gossweiler

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Jan,

I've not experienced similar problems, but I've noticed that the Preferences for "Edit in Photoshop" automagically get updated by the values used in the last "Edit in Photoshop" dialog.

Beat

P.S: Please take a minute to fill out your forum profile, as I don't think you're still using LR1. Having the information handy makes it easier to help with problems. Thanks.

jebeke

Beat,

I don't get an 'open in Photoshop CS5' dialog where I can change settinges...

Jan

b_gossweiler

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
[quote author=jebeke link=topic=11776.msg791'9#msg791'9 date=1291477'37]
Beat,

I don't get an 'open in Photoshop CS5' dialog where I can change settinges...

Jan
[/quote]

If you open a non-Raw file in Photoshop, you should.

Beat

Status
Not open for further replies.