• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Potted Profile Description

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speacock110

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 7.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Does anyone know if there is a better description of the Potted profiles, Modern 01 or B&W 01 are next to useless descriptions.

Nope! And I agree the names are silly.

I'm no better at describing colours than wine, but I've made a start with the Modern profiles. It'd be fab if everyone could chip in with their descriptions of the Creative Profiles and we could pull something useful together!

Modern 01 - High contrast, high saturation, slightly warmed.

Modern 02 - Lower contrast, warm.

Modern 03 - Medium contrast, greens start to move towards brown, reds are a little orange.

Modern 04 - Medium contrast, cool blues, reds move a little towards pink.

Modern 05 - Really desaturated.

Modern 06 - Deep blues with a hint of green.

Modern 07 - Higher contrast, a bit less saturated than Modern 01, warmer than Modern 01.

Modern 08 - Low saturation, dark blues.

Modern 09 - Slightly desaturated.

Modern 10 - Realistic saturation, medium contrast.

Well done! I guess that explains why they went with numbers - I'm not sure names that long would fit! ;)

Funny, I see from the documentation that the spec allows for fields like Name and Description. I wonder what they are for.....

It'd be good if a tooltip would show a longer description

Yes, I was thinking along those lines - it could appear in the bezel.

Yes, that would be a good idea! Vic I don't know which bit of "Medium contrast, greens start to move towards brown, reds are a little orange" you think wouldn't catch on ;).

I'm now calling Modern 03 the "Dark Green & Brown One" and Modern 05 "The Desaturated One".

Laura this is great, i came here looking for those very descriptions!! Has anyone done similar for Artistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back