• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Possible to use several color labels on same image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
CC Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi All,

I am using in Classic color lables for some things such as Panoramas are always yellow, HRD´s are always red etc.

I am trying to have a system for rating images that are going to be used for a synced collection and I thought it would be nice to do that with another color label such as purple. I am using the star ratings for the general rating of images within a collection.

The color label idea would be perfect, however its only possible to use one color labe at the time on one image so in case there is a panorama in a collection which is then yellow I want to the same image to be used in a synced collection and therefore label ir for example purple, then the yellow will be removed so its not labelled as pano anymore.

Any ideas or suggestions how to solve this? If I have a collection with several hundred images I am normally not using all of them in a synced collection but I will have rated all of them by star ratings. Since the synced collection is normally used for publishing, I want a way to make visible which images are going to be for syncing or publishing.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regards,
Tom

The Key to your question is the word "label". This refers to a metadata field in the EXIF of the image. There is only one field and the Default Labels Set puts the word "Red", "Yellow", "Green", etc in that field. Lightroom Classic reads the value in that field for a match with the Current Label Set. There are really 7 colors assigned. The 5 colors when the Label field matches the text assigned in the Current Color Label Set, White when the label text is present but does not match the text assigned in the Current Color Label Set, and gray when the field is empty.

I would suggest using the keyword field and adding keywords like "Panorama", "Sync'd" etc... You can then use Smart collections based upon these keywords to automatically populate the appropriate collection.

Thanks for the great answer, makes sense.

I will try the keywording solution then.

Regards,
tom

Thanks for the great answer, makes sense.

I will try the keywording solution then.

Regards,
tom
My workflow is controlled via keywords and Smart Collections. I use a custom label set to indicate the status of an image in my workflow.

label1 = "In a Published Collection",
label2 = "Complete: Not In a Published Collection",
label3 = "Needs Further Review",
label4 = "Work In Progress",
label5 = "To Be Worked",

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back