• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

possible to create a preset with the new masking sky selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
CC Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Hi All,

I have now used sometimes the new masking functions is Classic and I really like it but it would be nice if there would be a possibility to automate this a little more.

My question is if if it possible to create a preset with masking of sky? I have tried this but when I apply this preset to another image there appears a ! on the sky mask so it is obviously not masking the sky on the new image?

Is there any way to make this work because it would give a lot of new possibilities.

Regards,
Tom

If you mean, the action to mask the sky should be part of the preset and not the mask itself - no, this is not possible, Tom.
Interesting thought, though.

I'm using AutoHotkey to automate a lot of things in Lightroom, this could be used to eg create a new mask containing the sky selection by the press of a single key (by simulating the menu keypresses to perform this action).

You can create such preset and it will work, except that you will have to update the sky mask after it has been created.

There's an outstanding feature request for LR to provide a way to automatically update Sky/Subject masks that have been copied to other photos by Copy/Sync Settings or presets. It's one of the most active feature requests in a long time, and Adobe is seriously consider it. Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...t-sky-masking-after-copy-paste/idi-p/12480563

and be sure to click the Upvote button at the top-right and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back