• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Positioning photos in Map module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuzzinbrucie

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Reference enclosed screenshot. I typed "Squirrel Lake, Wisconsin" in the Map module search box. It shows the orange marker roughly in the middle of the lake. I want to position my photo (and many others) at a specific location along the shoreline. How do I relocate the orange marker to a more correct position now that it's positioned close by? I have this same issue with many other photos.

Attachments

• Squirrel Lake photos.JPG
    Squirrel Lake photos.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 304
But yes, it would be intuitive if you could drag the marker.

The workaround is to just click the marker, which will select all the photos associated with it and move the filmstrip to their position. Then you can drag the whole bunch from the filmstrip to somewhere else (making sure to drag from within the photo thumbnail - not the border around it).

I'm not at my Lightroom computer but I think all you have to do is right click where you want to add the images and the first selection is to add the location to the pictures.

I'm not at my Lightroom computer but I think all you have to do is right click where you want to add the images and the first selection is to add the location to the pictures.

Yep - I verified that this works too, as long as the images are all selected first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back