• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Plugin SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean McCormack

Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Even if you are not a developer, you should consider downloading the SDK. Why? Because, while rudimentary (these are example plugins), the Flickr and FTP plugins are very useful. I can see the FTP preset replacing my current Transmit Droplet system. I may even look into the code to customise them (I currently don't have a clue about Lua programming, but I'm sure it's just a matter of the learning curve!

As an example of use, my photoblog can accepted FTP images, so I can simply Export to FTP from Lightroom and have my photo show up on my photo blog. The title and caption info is written into a text file, so a project for me might be to figure how to write the caption and title to a text file with the same name as the image.

For more info go to http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroomsdk

FTP plugin? Interesting! Unfortunately I don't know crapjack about software development, but if I can get the FTP working, that might be handy for proofing. :)

Yep I actually got it. Kinda cool. Too bad we can't add an .eps watermark though. I wouldn't need PS for anything until finalizing a shot for print!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back