• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Plugin SDK

Sean McCormack

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Even if you are not a developer, you should consider downloading the SDK. Why? Because, while rudimentary (these are example plugins), the Flickr and FTP plugins are very useful. I can see the FTP preset replacing my current Transmit Droplet system. I may even look into the code to customise them (I currently don't have a clue about Lua programming, but I'm sure it's just a matter of the learning curve!

As an example of use, my photoblog can accepted FTP images, so I can simply Export to FTP from Lightroom and have my photo show up on my photo blog. The title and caption info is written into a text file, so a project for me might be to figure how to write the caption and title to a text file with the same name as the image.

For more info go to http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroomsdk

cdifoto

FTP plugin? Interesting! Unfortunately I don't know crapjack about software development, but if I can get the FTP working, that might be handy for proofing. :)

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced

cdifoto

Yep I actually got it. Kinda cool. Too bad we can't add an .eps watermark though. I wouldn't need PS for anything until finalizing a shot for print!

andreas.saudemont

Send By Mail plug-in

Hi there,

I wrote the Send By Mail plug-in that allows you to directly export photos from your Lightroom catalog as attachments into a new mail message.
It works on Mac OS X with the Apple Mail application.

To download it: http://andreassaudemont.com/en/software/lrsendbymail

Let me know what you think!

Best,

Andréas

andreas.saudemont

Thanks Cannon! Glad you found the plugin useful.