• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Please, make catalog and file that is open in LR3 to be main catalog forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelk

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
#1 I have a catalog open and on the screen. Many pics have been moved into this folder. I have it open and a few doubles also. Like to concern myself later with them.

#2 Set Lightroom to store future pictures to be on G-1drive/Lightroom. I have it connected and that folder made on the G Drive.

Would so much appreciate your time

Clee has been so courteous and assisted me get to the point I am.

Thank you so much for any ideas!
Michael

Mikael,
In {Preferences} on the {General} tab Choose your default catalog in the Default catalog section andd LR will always open this catalog when you click on LR in the dock.

BTW I haven't really helped you yet. Are we done?

Clee I sees the Lightroom Previews to place in. I can't not find the catalog ircat. Or does it mean the folder lightroom?

Michael, you find the Preferences for Lightroom under the Lightroom menu in the top menu bar.

Michael, This is the place in LR {Preferences}{General} to select your default LR catalog.
ishot-17.jpg

Nice Mac screenshot there Cletus, kinda easy to do that on a Mac ain't it!!:whistling::whistling:

Nice Mac screenshot there Cletus, kinda easy to do that on a Mac ain't it!!:whistling::whistling:
Actually, Parts of it were kinda difficult. I used Instantshot! to grab a screen rectangle. It only works on one display at a time and apparently only the Primary and secondary desktops LR was on a different desktop and I had to move LR to a different desktop to get InstantShot! to work on my Preferences window. Next I used Skitch to add the Arrow and then it was not intuitively obvious how to save the changed file. All in all it probably was about the same as using the Windows Tools except for the additional earning curve.

And if i accidentally wiggle my finger on my magic mouse I go back a version on the webpage and lose this reply before I can sent it and have to start over.

Next time, just try using Skitch the grab the screenshot. You might save yourself some hassle!

Geoff, just note that the "nice Mac screenshot" was NOT shot with a Nikon :bluegrin:

Thank you for your assistance in making the current content the main catalog. It's been more of a difficult transition than I realized it would be. Kiwi thank you also for your help. I think I know why I stayed with iPhoto for so long. LOL

Clee, I'm so elated to see you having fun with your iMac.

Thank's again!

Michael

Geoff, just note that the "nice Mac screenshot" was NOT shot with a Nikon :bluegrin:

Ha, ha but it is on a Mac so comparable!!:thinking:
Now Cletus, why didn't you just use shift+cmd+4???

Ha, ha but it is on a Mac so comparable!!:thinking:
Now Cletus, why didn't you just use shift+cmd+4???
A multiple of reasons really.
  • With InstantShot!, it is a mouse only operation (Does not require two hands to invoke and then the mouse to execute the capture)
  • InstantShot! has preferences set to deposit the captures PNG to a defined folder inside my Dropbox 'Public' folder.
  • InstantShot! also permits (on option) a delay so that if I need to, I can include the cursor in the rectangular area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back