• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Please help me - "No photos in selected Folder."

hochmann1

Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hello. I really need some help! I'm using a MacBook Pro running OS 10.15.7 and using Lightroom Classic 10.0.

I have two catalogs in this computer. A couple of days ago I went into one and NO PHOTOS anywhere. But all the folders are there, no question marks, and when I look at the "show in finder" it shows the correct location with all folder and all photos. So, I looked around online and found I could make it all go away by starting with a backup, which I had done a couple of days before.

Now I just went into the other catalog to work on a client's photos from TODAY, which I imported and THE SAME THING happened!! Again, all the folders are there, no question marks anywhere, the photos are in their correct place in the Finder, etc. but in Lightroom it says "No photos in selected Folder."

What am I doing wrong? Everything was PERFECT until a couple of days ago! I haven't moved the lightroom folders, but I cannot keep opening everything from Backups all the time.

And by the way, when I try to synch them, it just shows the dialogue window but the synch buttons are greyed out (see attached screenshot). It stays like that.

And ANOTHER weird thing is that now I'm starting to see folders that I've created where I export my images show in the Lightroom folder section. Why?

PLEASE help me. I've looked everywhere and I don't mean to bother but I've got to work on these images and then on Tuesday I have another shoot.

Thank you to any and all!

Sergio

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 16.04.48.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 16.04.48.png
    535.4 KB · Views: 61