• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Please help I cant import raw files from new canon 5d mark iv to lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

leilacutler

Lightroom Version Number
Version: 10.12 [6]
Operating System
Please help I cant import raw files from new canon 5d mark iv to lightroom. I normally use a mark 3 so was surprised that my new camera won't read. The pictures are there i just cant get them into lightroom to edit. The first day i used the camera i shot on Large by mistake and they imported fine. Second day raw and now i cant access them.
This is my version of lightroom that I'm using;
Lightroom version: 4.4 [891433]
Version: 10.12 [6]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 2.8 GHz
Built-in memory: 16384.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16384.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 364.9 MB (2.2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1189.3 MB
Memory cache size: 0.0 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4
Displays: 1) 1440x900
Ive checked for updates and it says its all fine no updates?

And my laptop is a Mac Pro OS Sierra

Thank you in advance x

I was triggerd by:
he first day i used the camera i shot on Large by mistake and they imported fine. Second day raw and now i cant access them.
So, maybe you could check what RAW format you configured to use, the normal RAW or the Dual Pixel RAW. It has to do with a format not fully supported by Lighroom (yet), like Adobe mentioned on their website
Schermafdruk 2020-06-07 23.23.40.jpg

It looks like you have Lightroom 4.4. Support for 5D MkIV has been introduced in version 6.7 of LR. (support for 5D MkIII was introduced in LR 4.1).

You can use the free DNG Converter to convert your 5D MkIV raw files to dng so they can be handled by LR 4.4.

can you test by converting to Adobe DNG first. With the (free) Adobe DNG Converter app. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back