• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Picture in Loupe different from Develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Palmer

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 9.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi
When I work from Lightroom, export to Photoshop (PSD file), reimport, create smart preview, then re-export same file and work on it in Photoshop, finish this work I find that the Loupe view catches up with Photoshop but the develop view does not. Does anyone know how to overcome this? It's something that has been happening for some time. Only way I can overcome it is to remove the psd file and re-import.
Many thanks
Steve

Try clearing the Camera Raw cache (in the Lightroom preferences). The develop module uses its own preview, stored in this cache.

Thanks for the idea. I have tried this and still no change in the problem. I attach the two views as screen shots. The Loupe view is the correct visualisation. The Develop view is an old visualisation from before the 2nd Photoshop edit. You will notice the difference if you look at the ladies cheeks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 12.11.47 copy.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 12.11.47 copy.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 12.12.05 copy.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 12.12.05 copy.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 217
Johan

Thanks for making suggestions.

I tried reseting in the develop module but this made no difference. If you look at the cheeks of the lady - in Loupe the bright spot has been reduced (done in photoshop) but when it goes back to the develop module the bright spot (from the flash) is there. In develop I am seeing the picture I sent to photoshop and in Loupe I see the photo I got back from photoshop after further editing.

Steve

What happens if you zoom in Develop?

Oh, one more - do you have Prefer Smart Previews for Editing checked in preferences?

If Victoria's suggestion doesn't help, select the photo missing the Photoshop edits, go to Develop, and in the History panel, click on the most recent (top) history step. Does it now show the most recent edits correctly?

There is a bug with multiple round trips to PS not displaying edits made in LR (which I can't find right now). Your situation is a little different (not showing edits made in PS), but I'm just wondering if it's a different symptom of the same underlying bug.

Hi All
Zooming in when in develop immediately changed the image to the correct one! Thanks Victoria. Zooming back out keeps the correct photo.
Any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks
Steve

Zooming in forces Lightroom to render the preview again. Clearing the Camera Raw cache should have done that as well, however, so I am a bit surprised that that didn’t work and zooming did. Unless you cleared the cache while you had the image in the Develop module...

Do you have prefer smart previews checked in preferences? If so, the smart preview might have been out of date, but zooming loads from the original.

Victoria,

Yes I do prefer using the smart previews, as a lot of my photos are kept on external drives. Thanks for all the help. I understand what is happening, and more importantly how to fix.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back