Photoshop on iPad Pro fails to launch or takes 20 seconds to launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

PabloPaulo

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom iPad 5.2.1 53B120, Photoshop 1.5.0 (20200605.133)
Operating System
  1. iOS
Since January, I've been using Photoshop on my iPad Pro (2018, 512gb, 300gb free) currently ver. 1.5.0 with automatic software update enabled. No big problems, but as of a few days ago, it's getting slower to launch PS and I've even had it fail to launch, with a white screen only, no splash screen as I see with Lightroom launching, for perhaps 20 seconds, and then it'll just go back to my iPad home screen. Try again and it may or may not launch. Even if PS has successfully launched, returning to it later on the iPad, it may not be accessible so I have to re-launch. Restarting the iPad does not solve the problem, nor killing other open apps. Lightroom and other apps are launching OK and it also seems like opening a PS file (or exporting to PS) from Lightroom works OK, though this is slow also, perhaps taking 8-10 secs. to open a small JPEG file already transferred to the iPad. I have a few (under 100) 30mb TIF files under the "home" screen in PS but I don't think I've overtaxed the system by any means. I haven't tried reinstalling, I'm in the middle of a job but any suggestions welcome. Right now, as I test it before posting this query, its working fine of course...

I have the same iPadPro with the same memory. I have not used PS for the iPad much but I did try opening PS and a local image. It opened quickly. I also tried opening a ~48GB R images from Lightroom it too was a speedy load even though it needed to pull an image from the cloud and apply LR adjustments.

I would suggest that you uninstall PS on the iPadPro and reinstall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much. I did finally reinstall and it seems to have cleared it up. Lost some recent work (not critical) as far as I can tell at the moment, obviously I don't have this cloud thing down yet! I figured PS had me covered for backups but it appears to be gone. Just FYI for anyone else who may read this and do a reinstall, you may lose some work but it's probably a setting or export I missed. I'll look into it.
Thanks again for your reply, I appreciate it.

So a few days later after the re-install, Photoshop is again slowing down as it tries to launch, and often not launching at all. I get the splash screen (which was not the case before) for up to 20 seconds and then it goes back to my home screen. It launches about every 5th try, maybe more. I'm talking about merely launching, not even opening a file, though it also hangs at times when opening a file. It seems to get worse as time goes on. I honestly can't think of anything unusual here, very small JPEG files with the occasional layered TIF but nothing beyond 30 mb files. I'm going to try Affinity Photo and see if I can get some simple 2-layer files assembled when PS will not launch at critical times, as I'm not sure what else to do until the next PS version comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back