Photoshop/Lightroom and Epson Print Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterElliston

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom classic 11.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I have been using the Epson Print Layout software with my Epson SC P600 for several years in conjunction with my iMac. But the last couple of days Epson Print layout will not recognise the printer even though it is up and running and drivers installed. Whether I try to access it through Lightroom or photoshop I get the same message that it wants me to install a driver for the printer and then restart the software - wither Lightroom or Photoshop. I've tried all many of tricks such as taking the pinter off the iMac and then re-installing but the same result happens. I have also updated the Epson Print layout software. The printer works fine and I can send files by wifi to it and it prints them - but if I try to use the Epson print layout which is a really good bit of software - when it works. Any ideas much appreciated.
Peter

I use Windows OS, but a bit of a trick I used to use for this kind of thing usually worked. But strange all you did is not working. Are you connected to the printer with your iMac? If so, you can try to change the port to another type. In ports try adding ether the Epson Print Port or a Local Port.. Just something to try. I fixed my WiFi printer by turning the port into a PRN port. Crazy, but worked. Just remember what is it now, so you can go back.

Ken
Thanks for your reply on this problem. I'm not really competent to start changing things like ports as I would probably end up with more of a problem. I do not know what a PRN port is for the printer or where I would find it. So maybe I will just have to try something else but thanks anyway. Great to have a reply from you.
Peter

Just in case others have this problem here's how I actually solved it. The trick is to ensure that Epson AirPrint driver is not the one selected. If IU had read more carefully the online guide to using Epson Print Layout I would have known this!! However, when adding your printer on an iMac then it's best to wait a little while to see what driver options pop up before selecting the one that comes in first as that is most likely to be AirPrint which is not as versatile when using software like Epson print layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back