• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Photoshop CS6 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Nik....must say I'm a little surprised that it'll run on WinXP. Given the 'line in the sand' regarding LR4 I assumed the same line would be drawn with PS CS6. Obviously not!

Photoshop has more users and a bigger ticket - it can justify the resources to keep XP support.

http://www.practicalphotoshopmag.com/2012/03/22/1050/ is an extract of an article I've written for Practical Photoshop, out in the first week of April. My top 20.

John

Great article John. From a first glance I did find jumping from ACR to Layers back to ACR an interesting approach.

It certainly wasn't how I drafted the original article! This also comes from it and gives some pointers to UI changes.

I'll also point people to this post on my blog "painted landscapes" which was based on the amazing Oil Paint filter - I guarantee people will have great fun with it.

John

Very informative and to the point articles John. Not too sure about the Lake District effects though seem quite harsh to me. Need to get in some practise with the new tools myself!!

For photography, I wouldn't go near those effects! But if you're into Photoshop "painting", Oil Paint is a wonderful starting point, add a bit of Mixer Brush painting with CS5 bristle brushes and you'll be soon be pretending to be for V Gogh or Munch- at least that's what I was going for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back