• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Photoshop changes white balance/tint

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRussoPhoto

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
When I open an image of a sky background from bridge into photoshop it looks fine. But if I take that image and drag it into an image i want to use it with the tint of the image chances. Ive noticed that before even with other images I want to add into another within photoshop, why is that? Why does it only happen with certain images and not others?

Here is an example, the second image is stacked onto of another image.

Attachments

• 8+.jpg
    8+.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Mar 13-59-2 copy.jpg
    Mar 13-59-2 copy.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 197
Most likely the images do not have the same color profile, and your Photoshop color management settings are not set in a way that allows you to decide what to do in that case. You need to make sure that the image you drag on top of the other one is converted to the profile of the underlying image. If it is not converted, then the profile of the underlying image will be assigned to it and that causes a color shift.

Here u go

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 7.39.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 7.39.45 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
Look at the settings for ‘Profile Mismatches’. Ask when opening and Ask when pasting are turned off, which means you cannot control what happens in that case. Turn these on. When you get a warning, make sure you convert the image to the profile of the underlying image.

Look at the settings for ‘Profile Mismatches’. Ask when opening and Ask when pasting are turned off, which means you cannot control what happens in that case. Turn these on. When you get a warning, make sure you convert the image to the profile of the underlying image.

Thanks Johan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back