Photoshop Books and Tutorials - One More Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waverley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I'm interested in your recommendations for a good book or set of tutorials on Photoshop CS6. I use LR5 and will continue to use it for the majority of my post-processing. However, there are times - for example, using content aware - that I'd like to complete the PP in Photoshop.

Now I have the Kelby book for CS6 - he includes a number of chapters on ACR which I don't need since I've got LR5. I have Martin Evening's book on LR4, which reads like a one-volume encyclopedia. I'm looking for something with a little more meat than Kelby but is easier to digest than a reference book like Evening. I've looked at George Jardine's tutorials on LR which I find excellent. Can you recommend anything comparable for Photoshop?

Thanks in advance!

Lynda.com has many exceptional video tutorials on Photoshop catering for all levels.
Given the books that you own Lynda.com is where I would go next.

Tony Jay

It seems to me (someone who wants to learn where PS can help) all books, tutorials etc. are geared towards PS and Bridge/ACR and NOT any meaningful PS/LR workflow.

Thanks all. I'm working my way through The Digital Negative now (and Schewe's The Digital Print is on my to-do list). I have to say that Tony's suggestion to try out lynda.com was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back