• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The December 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic is just bug fixes and new cameras in this release, but it fixes a whole load of macOS Catalina issues.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options and direct import on iOS and the ability to contribute photos to someone else's account from the desktop/mobile apps.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Photos synched on mobile not appearing in Classic

johnmills2

Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 8.4, and Lightroom CC
Operating System
Windows 10
I've set up Lightroom on my mobile and tablet, and it was working fine. Then, I assigned a destination for synched photos in Preferences (of Classic on the desktop), but now when I add a photo to Lightroom on the phone, it downloads to that designated folder in Windows but does not appear in "Imported Photos" in Lightroom Classic at all. Before I went into preferences and assigned a destination, the photos were appearing fine. Any ideas?

johnmills2

For the life of me, I cannot find an "All Synced Photos" folder/collection. However it doesn't matter because I've tracked them down. They appear in 2 places - in the folder directory (within the folder I created and assigned photos to under the Preferences tab), and they show within a collection "From Lightroom". It's confusing because they do not show within the "Imported Photos" (from the phone) folder.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
For the life of me, I cannot find an "All Synced Photos" folder/collection.
Look in the Catalog panel in the Library module, "All Synced Photographs" should be listed underneath "All Photographs".

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
For the life of me, I cannot find an "All Synced Photos" folder/collection. However it doesn't matter because I've tracked them down. They appear in 2 places - in the folder directory (within the folder I created and assigned photos to under the Preferences tab), and they show within a collection "From Lightroom". It's confusing because they do not show within the "Imported Photos" (from the phone) folder.
Photos can only be in one folder at a time. If they are in the folder you assigned for synced images, then they cannot be in some 'Imported Photos' folder at the same time. That's different for collections. I assume that the 'Imported Photos' folder is/was a folder that you used to import images directly from the phone, and as I already explained, that is the difference. The current images were not 'imported', they were 'synced', and so they end up in the folder you assigned for synced photos.