Photos Not Recognized on Import from iPhone to Lightroom

JordanHamons

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Lightroom. I've done this in the past with no issues, however, Lightroom is now only recognizing a select few of the photos on my iPhone. Does anyone have any clue why this could be happening or what I can do to fix it?

Here's what I am doing:
- Connect iPhone to computer with USB
- Open Lightroom
- Select Import
- Select iphone as device
- Some of my photos show up as available for import but not all of them.

I'm not sure if there is a setting that should be changed on my iPhone or on Lightroom. I'm super frustrated and open to all suggestions at this point. Thank you!

Drdul

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I encountered a similar problem when Lightroom wouldn't see any of the photos on my iPhone, then I realized I needed to unlock the phone first. That doesn't sound like the solution to your problem, though, as LR can see some of your photos.

What do you see when you launch Image Capture? I find that Image Capture is the only app that reliably accesses, copies and deletes photos on my iPhone. If you can see all your photos, use Image Capture to copy the files to your a Mac, then import them to Lightroom from there.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Welcome to the forum.

To start off, your profile says LR6.1/LRCC2015.1. You need to install the latest update LR6.7/LRCC2015.7. Earlier updates were very buggy.

After you have updated to LRCC2015.7, let us know if you are still having problems with your iPhone.