• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Photos lost and LrC encounters error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyartz

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
v12
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I keep all my Catalog files and photos on an external Crucial SSD drive as I go back and forth between my desktop and laptop when out on photo shoots and road trips. I recently returned home from a 7 week trip where I used LrC extensively on my laptop. But, when I reconnected the external drive to my desktop I got the attached in the Library Module - files cannot be found. I am on LR v12 and work on PCs with Windows10. I've done it this way many times in the past and never had a problem. Suggestions?

Also, at the same time, I started getting an error message - Lightroom encounter and error (attachment 2) and shuts down. From Victoria's book, she suggested that I move the catalog to a different drive which I did and it corrected the problem. I will need to figure this out before my next road trip as I will return to using my laptop.
Any ideas how I can determine the problem that appears to be associated with my Crucial drive?

Thanks, Jeffrey

Attachments

• LrC with question Mark 1..JPG
    LrC with question Mark 1..JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 32
  • LrC encounterd an error.png
    LrC encounterd an error.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 37
Open Windows Explorer - is the drive still called F: there? And can you see the folders on it that your Lightroom screenshot shows?

Open Windows Explorer - is the drive still called F: there? And can you see the folders on it that your Lightroom screenshot shows?
Hi Paul, Thanks for your reply. Interestingly, it is now Crucial X8 (E:) - Wondering if it was (F:) from the laptop??
Possible ways to avoid in the future when I switch the external drive back to the laptop?
1669992536620.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back