• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Photos going to root drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayne61

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System: mac os
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): cc

This just started happening or I did something wrong..when importing the photos go to the root drive in lightroomor seem to

See the 2 screen shots which will show issue....how do I fix this?

Attachments

• 8ACE383B-D352-43EA-87A3-9401716D2370.jpeg
    8ACE383B-D352-43EA-87A3-9401716D2370.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 353
  • 182E2BA3-5648-4111-92E3-573C73F222C3.jpeg
    182E2BA3-5648-4111-92E3-573C73F222C3.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 362
Actually, they are not. They are in the correct place. It's just the way that Lightroom shows it. It now shows the folder name, followed by the folder path. You can change this if you click on the little plus icon at the top of the folder panel, if I'm not mistaken (I type this on my iPad, so I can't check that).

Actually, they are not. They are in the correct place. It's just the way that Lightroom shows it. It now shows the folder name, followed by the folder path. You can change this if you click on the little plus icon at the top of the folder panel, if I'm not mistaken (I type this on my iPad, so I can't check that).

I sgree they are in correct place, but the other drives show the folder correctly
Its only this drive...I can find no wayy to change that display

Can you try right-clicking on the folder and selecting "Show parent folder"?

I can't see the other disks because they are collapsed, but you clearly have 'Folder and Path' selected as view. Change that to 'Folder Name Only' (and then you may indeed have to right-click and select 'Show Parent Folder').

Lightroom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back