• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.
  • Are you using Lightroom CC on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV or in a web browser? Are you syncing your photos to the cloud? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro! It shows you how to use the full Lightroom CC ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also learn the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily.

Photographer Plan - more storage?

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Lightroom Version
CC V4.2.0
Operating System
iOS
I’m a LR Classic user who until now has only used the old LR Mobile occasionally to share the odd webpage of photos. Until my current trip I had used very little of my 20GB storage.

I am currently in Sri Lanka where I have been using LR CC on my iPad a lot (and enjoying the experience). I have now filled 75% of my storage and have 10 days to go!

Grateful advice on purchasing additional storage. All I can see on the Adobe site is the 1TB option which doubles the cost. Is it possible to add another 20GB?
Many thanks.

clee01l

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Adobe only offers the two Photographer plane options. You get either 20GB to 1 TB. That laptop? Another reason to "Don't leave home without it".

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Thanks Cletus, looks like I’ll have to start deleting! The laptop’s too heavy for travel and I’m experimenting with an Olympus EM5ii this trip to halve the weight compared to my D750.

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
The problem’s not iPad storage which is ample but cloud storage so I can share pics once I have worked on them. Unless I’ve missed a trick, there doesn’t seem to be a way to only sync a sub-set of All Photos.

LouieSherwin

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Perhaps you can turn off syncing to the cloud until you get home and can off load the images to your home computers and remove from all synced images.

-louie

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Thanks, I will certainly try that.

Meanwhile I have another issue! My iCloud account is also now maxed out! My understanding was that the only way to get the RAW files into LR CC on the iPad was to import them first into Photos and then to LR CC from there. Now they are in LR CC they are duplicated and can be deleted from Photos? However there does not seem to be any way to sort the RAW files from my iPhone pics so I can just delete the RAWS. Grateful any advice.

kmr15963

Thanks, I will certainly try that.

Meanwhile I have another issue! My iCloud account is also now maxed out! My understanding was that the only way to get the RAW files into LR CC on the iPad was to import them first into Photos and then to LR CC from there. Now they are in LR CC they are duplicated and can be deleted from Photos? However there does not seem to be any way to sort the RAW files from my iPhone pics so I can just delete the RAWS. Grateful any advice.

Perhaps this can help you on your next trip... This is how I edit on the go with photo back-ups, editing, etc. It works great for me.

My On The Go Photo/Video System – Life on the Bluff

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Many thanks for that. I think my key mistake was to not create a new Album to put the new photos into. I have still not resolved how to selectively delete the 3000+ RAWS in Photos. I might eventually have to do it manually a few at a time!