• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Photograph subscription 20GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick59au

Lightroom Version Number
V6
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello
Have been using LR classic v6 for many years and it’s time to upgrade. I’m used to classic so was wondering about subscribing to the 20GB plan specifically for the new classic version. Can I disable the sync for that 20GB as I’d prefer
To keep all RAW and catalogs etc locally on my windows 10 laptop?
Thanks
Patrick

Yes, no problem. Syncing from Classic to the cloud (which only sends a smart preview your images) is only an option, and is not a replacement for having your images and catalog stored locally. Furthermore, syncing is not initially enabled so it will remain disabled until the user decides to enable it, and even then what gets synced to the cloud is the users' choice. So if you don't want to use the cloud, you don't have to.

You will only need the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App to Install Lightroom-Classic, confirm your subscription, and activate LrC.
Your Catalog and photos will work the same as Lr6, with all the new features in v11.5
As is usual, you will need to accept an Upgrade of your Catalog. Hint: Type a new Catalog name in the Catalog Upgrade dialog.

Yes, no problem. Syncing from Classic to the cloud (which only sends a smart preview your images) is only an option, and is not a replacement for having your images and catalog stored locally. Furthermore, syncing is not initially enabled so it will remain disabled until the user decides to enable it, and even then what gets synced to the cloud is the users' choice. So if you don't want to use the cloud, you don't have to.
To unsync, the option is on the menu?

You will only need the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App to Install Lightroom-Classic, confirm your subscription, and activate LrC.
Your Catalog and photos will work the same as Lr6, with all the new features in v11.5
As is usual, you will need to accept an Upgrade of your Catalog. Hint: Type a new Catalog name in the Catalog Upgrade dialog.
Thank you. The option to unsync is in the menu?

I don’t have any subscription. I bought a perpetual licence years ago and yesterday when I fired it up . I could not and message was to upgrade with a subscription. It’s be about 2 years since I use LR classic v6

Thank you. The option to unsync is in the menu?
Strangely enough there is no ‘unsync’ option. You can (permanently) pause sync. The only real ‘unsync’ happens if you would start syncing another catalog (for example from a different computer). That will unsync the currently synced catalog.

There’s no way to upgrade to latest classic desktop only?
No. You have to purchase a subscription to the Photography Plan in order to be able to use Lightroom Classic. That plan comes with LrC, Photoshop, Lightroom (all apps, e.g. desktop, mobile, web) plus 20GB of cloud storage.

No. You have to purchase a subscription to the Photography Plan in order to be able to use Lightroom Classic. That plan comes with LrC, Photoshop, Lightroom (all apps, e.g. desktop, mobile, web) plus 20GB of cloud storage.

To be perfectly clear, after purchasing the subscription, you install the Adobe Application manager and from that install Lightroom Classic. You can but are not required to, install Lightroom (for the Cloud), Photoshop and can sync Lightroom Classic to the 20GB storage plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back