• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Photo will not reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaKay

Photography mom
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 9.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello
I found a few photos in my cataloge from a couple years ago that I would like to reset and edit differently. I am hitting the reset button and nothing happens. I also tried to send them to PS without LR edits and it shows up with the edits.

What am I doing, or have I done wrong so that I not do it in the future.

Thanks
Amanda

Is there anything in the History Panel in the Develop Module?

Hmmm. It is only saying when it was imported. A few months ago my husband turned my 2 external HD into a server I can access. I wonder if that is what messed it up. I dont use other editing programs and there are no exclamation or question marks in the library module.

Most likely you have changed the camera defaults, so these settings are now recorded as the default for this type of image/camera.

The history panel being empty indicates that no changes have been made to the image since it was imported. As Johan said what you are seeing is what LR considers the, baseline rendition of the image which can be affected by default settings in LR (perhaps a profile is involved but I'm not sure of this).

Another possibility is that someone or something changed your Monitor settings, For example, increased the contrast or brightness or on some monitors saturation or color balance. If you calibrate your monitor it may be a good time to do it again. If you don't calibrate your monitor you may want to set it back to reset it back to factory settings.

What makes you believe that what you're seeing is not what you saw when you originally imported the image? In other words, what's different?

Also, what kind of file is it? Raw, tiff, jpg? Maybe you originally had a raw file, you edited it and exported as a JPG, and imported the JPG back into the catalog. So if you are now looking at the JPG, you won't see any of the original edit history.

It is a jpg and I know the originals are raw. That is what I always shoot in. So, Somewhere should be the raw file right? The jpg was made when I exported the file. I must have imported the jpg again.

I do a lot of changes so I definitely know they are not the original.

It is a jpg and I know the originals are raw. That is what I always shoot in. So, Somewhere should be the raw file right? The jpg was made when I exported the file. I must have imported the jpg again.

I do a lot of changes so I definitely know they are not the original.
This jpeg is a new original now that it was imported again. The edits made to the raw file are 'baked into the pixels' of the jpeg, that is why you do see the edits but not in the Lightroom develop module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back