• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Just the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes. If you use a custom monitor profile on macOS, note that the Classic performance bug is not yet fixed.

Library module Photo selection in publish service after editing

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Windows 10
Lightroom Version: LR Classic CC 7.1

After editing the metadata of a published photo within the collection of a Publish Service, the thumbnail will be moved up to the section "Modified Photos to Re-Publish", but the selection will disappear. It does not remain on the edited photo that was moved up after editing. The selection jumps to the photo, which followed the edited one in the "Published Photos" section.

This behavior leads to erroneous entries if the metadata of the photo should be edited further. Since the thumbnail jumps to the upper section after every small change to the metadata, it is often the case that there will be more changes to the metadata, which may be incorrectly applied to the wrong selected photo in the "Published Photos" section.

It would be very convenient for my workflow if this behavior would be changed with the next update in such a way that the selection remains on the edited photo after the first change of the metadata.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Yes, I agree with you. I don't edit in the published section because of this, I switch back to the folder. But yes, this is a pain.

Another option (not pretty) is to just mark them all to republish first, then edit them all in the modified section where they don't jump around.

By the way, if you happen to do this with Smugmug's plugin, be aware that the republish does not actually upload the image, it just changes Smugmug's database of metadata, so downloads of the image do not include the change. Not sure on other plugins.