photo gallery

joemontana57

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I would like to use Lightroom to make my galleries, since I already use it to process my raw photos. Right now I use BreezeBrowser Pro to make the galleries.
I've played around with Lightroom galleries a bit, but not enough to know which one to use.
As you can see from the example:
Elite Jumpers

1. I need to be able to make it so the file number shows on each image. With BBPro I just put what is called a token in the html template to indicate that.

2. I need to be able to edit the index page of the gallery to have Home and Trial Index links.

3. I need to be able to watermark each large image (not necessary on the thumbnails)

Any suggestions on where to start?
I'm at school (I'm a teacher) so I can't test your suggestions right now.
Joe

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
I'd start with The Turning Gate's galleries. Much more flexible than most of the systems out there.

joemontana57

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Thanks. I'll investigate those. Our internet is pathetically slow today so I can't check them out, are they gallery templates that plug in to lightroom and then show up there? Not sure how it works.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
TTG has several options. There's the free 2016 HTML Gallery and the CE4 line of galleries and website creation plug-ins. These are Lightroom web engines that work in the Web Module. They are not templates, though there are some templates available for CE4 Gallery and you can create and save your own user templates.
Design work is done in Lightroom.
Pick a collection of images and head over to the Web Module and choose the appropriate web engine. Design as you like then export the gallery and upload it to your server via FTP

The latest product from TTG is Backlight. It can either be used to publish albums (galleries) or as a whole website solution. This is a web based application. All design work is done through the web app where you create templates that will be applied to albums. You add image galleries by using their Publisher plug-in.

and though Backlight is the main product now, you can still get the free 2016 HTML Gallery and the CE4 products from their store.
CE4 – The Turning Gate

If you end up with specific questions about the TTG products, head over to their user forum
Community @ The Turning Gate