• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Photo doesn't show in navigator tree

lbeck

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm in the process of reorganizing my catalog and want to get all my photos onto one EHD. I'll then archive a clone.

Some of the photos are on different drives. When I drag/drop the folder (in Lr) from the other drive onto my EHD it moves and shows in the metadata flyout but continues to be grayed out in the navigator flyout. See the attached image. If I look for the file in Windows Explorer it shows there also. Further, I don't know if the metadata stays with the moved file. The up-arrow in the upper right corner of the photo says "metadata was changed externally"

I have a hundred or so photos to move into my reorganized library and will continue to be confused when they don't show in navigator. How can I fix this? Am I moving
the files properly?

Thanks

Attachments

• Photo not in Lr navigator.jpg
    Photo not in Lr navigator.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 108
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
In the metadata panel, the Folder shown is "1998", not the folder you have circled in the Folders panel. You must have dropped the file in the wrong place.