• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Book module Photo Borders in Book Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 8.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
It has been a while since I used the Book Module and after updating Lightroom Classic today I was excited to see some features added to it that I've wanted to have for a long time. I quickly downloaded the update to the FAQ book on Lightroom Classic and read up on these new features to add cells and modify their size and placement. I also see that photos can now have borders.

Does anyone know if there is a way to add borders to ALL existing photo cells and set the size of them? The default is too thick for my taste and I would like to have borders on all my pictures, but adding that manually be clicking the option each time and changing the point size seems like more work than it needs to be.

Thanks!

It is possible to put a simple 'Stroke' border around all photos-
Except when- the page template used fills the page with the photo. So you need page space around image cells.
One other problem is that the 'Stroke' is applied to the CELL and not the IMAGE.
You can select ALL photo cells from the menu-

Then tick the box to apply a Border- You have Color and Width to set:

An example where photos with empty space around the cells- the stroke is applied to ALL cells, and one single photo and one page where the photos do not 'fill' the cells.-

For 'multi image' page templates- You can select multiple photo cells by holding [CTRL] as you click on each photo.

If you want to get 'fancy' or decorative with photo borders, there a a couple of 'Creative' page templates within Lightroom, but I found it necessary to edit the photos for the Book in an external editor (Photoshop, NIK, xnConvert, etc) to apply any style of border you like, then use these copies in the Book.
A snippet of a NIK Silver Efex Border-

Thank you. I did discover that if you want to add a border to every single photo in the entire album you can do that by first switching to the mode where all the pages are shown and then Select All Photo Cells. Appreciate the quick advice that solved my question.

Yes, you discovered that [Ctrl+Shift+Alt+A] only selects all the photo cells available in each view mode . (Single Page, Spread, Multi-page)
Like many other 'selection' controls- if you have selected all, and some photos do not need the border, then you can de-select selectively by holding [Ctrl] as you L-click on cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back