Personal metadata vs Public metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgphotography

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Very often I want to add metadata to an image that is personal like where I was and who I was with when I took a photo, or how I was feeling. But I also need a caption that is appropriate for stock use or for when the metadata is accidentally exported. Is there some way to do this, to have two different captions, one private one public? For example I recently took a photo of a young boy holding a dog and for stock the caption would be just that but I want to remember some things about the day that are more personal like "hanging out at Lennie's house with a Blake who shared his jelly beans with me".

I figured out that I can add keywords with a friends' names and choose do not export it but not how to deal with this kind of situation. Any ideas?

Wow, perfection! Thank you. How long have you used the plugin? Have you encountered any problems at all? It says to test it on a test catalog but issues usually come up down the road.

It's free but not supported indeed. But i have used it for quite a long time now (more than a year) and no problems. I think more users of this forum are using it and maybe they will give their feedback also

Jeffrey Friedl's Metadata Wrangler might also help you. But the BIG advantage of Big Note is that you cannot export it. I could see making a whoopsie with Metadata Wrangler and being unpleasantly surprised. Still might be worth a look if you are more idiotproof than I am (me being the idiot).

It's also probably the only plugin whose name was inspired by Monty Python ;)

Ok, downloaded and installed. Thank you all so much. This is perfect unless of course I stop using LR as it seems the data is stuck in there and is not saved to the file. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back