Performing edits in a collection vs all photographs LRCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred F

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
A strange thing just started occurring. Working in a collection, after performing basic edits, then send image to PS CC plug-in. When returning to LR the newly edited file does not appear in the filmstrip, nor in grid view in the library of the collection, yet it does appear in the filmstrip, and the grid view if I switch to All Photographs. I am working on a job with over 200 images, this quirk just started after completing about 100 of them with no issues. I tried performing the edits in All Photographs instead. When I do that, the new, edited files will appear in the filmstrip, and the library, but not the collection. I then must manually add them to the collection, which is a real pain. Anyone have an idea as to what is going on? I have closed and restarted the apps, but no change. Thanks.

Is it a Smart Collection? Images are only added to Smart Collections IF they meet all of the criteria. I'm not experiencing this problem even with smart collections because my Smart Collections are based upon metadata the PSCC dutifully includes on the derivative.
Your profile says LR6.4/LRCC2015.4. The latest version is LR6.7/LRCC2015.7. Earlier releases had some serious bugs. So I would begin by updating to LR6.7/LRCC2015.7 and see if the issue is still occurring.

Is it a Smart Collection? Images are only added to Smart Collections IF they meet all of the criteria. I'm not experiencing this problem even with smart collections because my Smart Collections are based upon metadata the PSCC dutifully includes on the derivative.
Your profile says LR6.4/LRCC2015.4. The latest version is LR6.7/LRCC2015.7. Earlier releases had some serious bugs. So I would begin by updating to LR6.7/LRCC2015.7 and see if the issue is still occurring.
It is a standard type collection, which by the way, I have been working in for several days without this issue. I do have the latest version 2015.7, just have not updates my profile in that regard, which I will do now.
Thanks for responding.

It is a standard type collection, which by the way, I have been working in for several days without this issue. I do have the latest version 2015.7, just have not updates my profile in that regard, which I will do now.
Thanks for responding.
So just to make sure, your workflow is to use the Edit In function to call PSCC. Are these originals RAW or JPEG? Is OPSCC version 2015.5? When you finish in PSCC do you use the Save option instead of Save As? Is the PSCC derivative a PSD or TIFF?

So just to make sure, your workflow is to use the Edit In function to call PSCC. Are these originals RAW or JPEG? Is OPSCC version 2015.5? When you finish in PSCC do you use the Save option instead of Save As? Is the PSCC derivative a PSD or TIFF?
The good news, for the last hour or so, all is working as expected. For future reference, Yes, from LR, I choose "Edit in". All original files are RAW. PSCC is ver 2015.5. In PS I choose "Close", PSCC then asks if I wish to save changes, to which I answer Yes. PS closes the file but remains open and I chose the LR icon in the taskbar to return to LR where I should now see two versions of the file. Many times the new file appears as a blank grey box until I click something else and then it appears, but immediately upon returning to LR the filmstrip has changed, as it should. There is one more variable here, many times I then Edit in One1 Photo 10 to add final touches. I usually wait until I have 10 files or so that have been completed in PS and I then batch edit them in One1 Effects 10, or other modules. There have been times where I jumped from LR to PS then to One1 before returning to LR. That hasn't really had an effect on this anomaly one way or the other. There you have it for tonight. I'm getting bleary eyed and have an early day tomorrow. Thanks again, and goodnight.

The good news, for the last hour or so, all is working as expected. For future reference, Yes, from LR, I choose "Edit in". All original files are RAW. PSCC is ver 2015.5. In PS I choose "Close", PSCC then asks if I wish to save changes, to which I answer Yes. PS closes the file but remains open and I chose the LR icon in the taskbar to return to LR where I should now see two versions of the file. Many times the new file appears as a blank grey box until I click something else and then it appears, but immediately upon returning to LR the filmstrip has changed, as it should. There is one more variable here, many times I then Edit in One1 Photo 10 to add final touches. I usually wait until I have 10 files or so that have been completed in PS and I then batch edit them in One1 Effects 10, or other modules. There have been times where I jumped from LR to PS then to One1 before returning to LR. That hasn't really had an effect on this anomaly one way or the other. There you have it for tonight. I'm getting bleary eyed and have an early day tomorrow. Thanks again, and goodnight.
Forgot to mention, the PS file is a PSD.

Like I said earlier, I've never experienced the EditIn function to work other than expected. So good news there. Let us know if it does not stay that way.

You can set On1 Photo10 as an additional external editor and access it from LR if you don't need anything out of PSCC. I usually use PSCC or On1 Photo10 but not both.

Like I said earlier, I've never experienced the EditIn function to work other than expected. So good news there. Let us know if it does not stay that way.

You can set On1 Photo10 as an additional external editor and access it from LR if you don't need anything out of PSCC. I usually use PSCC or On1 Photo10 but not both.
Yes, I do have access to On1 from both LR and PS. I use On1 for adding my final tweaks to the images, and since On1 allows them to be made to multiple images, while also allowing for further edits to those tweaks very easily.

Just an update. Another few hours of editing with no issues. That's nice.
Hopefully the anomaly is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back