• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module Performance after extended use . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfarrellpa

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR 7.4 Raw 10.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
LR will slow down after say six hours of extended use and frankly it has always done this, so I just close LR and open back up and all good for another six or so hours. It is super speedy after the latest round of updates and am happy with it. I wanted to ask if anyone has this same issue? It is not major at all, but wanted to know if it just me, or the way it is, which I suspect it is? Catalog on NVMe SSD's and images on 7200 RPM disks.

This is my experience too but when i work too long Lightroom does have trouble closing when i have integrity/optimize checked.
So i do work only a few hours before closing and i do not tcheck for integrity/optimize. The last session for a day i only open Lightroom again (not do any work) and close it with integrety/optimize/backup checked.
Since the last update the performance is dramaticaly better however! I hope Adobe make some more improvements in the upcoming updates.

I used to have the same experience, but I noticed it after about 3-4 hours.
I have since modified my work habits - I quit LR after about 2- 2 1/2 hrs of continuous work, stand up and walk around. This is good for both the body and the mind. LR restarts very quickly after I get back, and off I go again.
So, I really can not say how the latest version behaves, as I don't work that long continuously anymore.

Yes, I have experienced the same problem. I think Adobe programmed it this way because too many partners of LR users disappear for too many hours and have complained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back