Status
Not open for further replies.

ukbrown

Lightroom Version
Anybody tried this?
Any opinions?
Is it any good?

Cheers

And here the link for the ones (like me) who don't know anyhting about it :)

Beat

After a quick try out, you quick summary is spot on. I only found it because Clee mentioned bibble that I had never heard of and this has it built in. It is expensive though, 200 dollars, this is quite a high price for a plug in, IMHO.

Actually the Bibble version is different. It's only the automatic package, and there's no other setting than the strength (if I remember correctly, I checked it 3 or 4 month ago).

Well after trying this out on 50 odd photos it appears that it produces very acceptable photographs, with a lot of punch and clearer (grmiy, horrible light, haze etc improve amazingly). After experimenting I can achieve pretty much identical results by, upping the clarity to 65+, brightening a tad, applying a reasonable S in tone curves, slightly more contrast than medium, and upping the sharpness to 70+ with a mask so it is just for the edges.

Would I buy it, no not now but I have learnt a lot more about LR in the process. If it was say $50 instead of $200, yes, think I would.

Hi
Perfectly Clear, comes embedded in Bibble 5 (my current raw converter - currently evaluating LR3) This is probably a cut down from the stand-alone version - in Bibble its just on or off. For the most part I never liked what it did to my pictures. IMO it made them over-saturated and too contrasty, and I could always get better results by other means. That said some users seemed to like it. I did try it on a few underexposed and/or flat images and although it sometimes made an improvement I still found that I could get better results using other methods in either Bibble or PS. After a while I came to just ignor this feature (and Bibbles Auto levels) and have not used it for some while. Unless the stand-alone is vastly better than the version include in Bibble I would say that there are better tools within LR3. So for me it's a "not recommended".

Regards
John

Thanks for the useful info.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back