• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Perfect Resize (formerly known as Genuine Fractals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukbrown

Lightroom Version
I have taken some pictures of my daughter riding and I don't have a long zoom. So the pictures are cropped quite a bit one picture that I would like to make a canvas print out of is 1589 x 2383 pixels.

When I export if I set the size to be the same as the canvas then LR will enlarge it. It looks to me like it does a good job.

For doing this sort of thing would Perfect Resize (gen fractals) do a significantly better job, in your opinions ???
Or is lightroom good enough.

So I am taking 3MP (ish) and printing a canvas of say 20cm by 30cm

Cheers
Al

I've got GF6 and I use it for upsizing screenshots for the book. It's ok, but I've always been quite impressed by LR's upsizing. Why not try the trial and see how you get on with it.

I was also wondering a few weeks ago wich one to choose among:
Photozoom Pro 219$
Perfect Resize
Blow Up 200$
or if you say that Lightroom is as good...
:rolleyes:

Got the trial, tried it and for the sizes I want (non billboard) I think victoria may be on track, as usual, LR seems to do a pretty good job. Just wanted confirmation that I am not missing something if i went for LR. Looks like I will use the trial and remove.

Good advice as always !!

Did my a2 poster print very happy with the result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back