Onki

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Operating System:
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):
Hi All,
I have a problem in understanding people keywording hierarchy. Lets say my people section looks like below;
#people (not exported)
P1
P2
Family
P3
P4​
Friends
P5
P6
P1 to P6 are assigned by tagging faces with face regions. Obviously I have created family and friends. Do they have to be people tags themselves and do I assign them to photos as well?
Thanks in advance

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
No. Lightroom is intelligent enough to understand that a person who is tagged 'P4' is a family member, so if you do a search on 'family', this person will show up even if you did not assign the keyword 'family'.

Onki

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Thank you for rhe reply. I have two follow up questions.

When I am creating friends and family parent keywords should I create them as person tags?

Lets say there is a photo of me and P6's husband/child. I do not want to face tag it as there are only couple and will not remember the name. So can I tag them with the keyword friends only in this case.

I think i didnot understand the difference of face tagging and just keywording the photo as a group of people like "friends of family"

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Do what you like. There isn't a lot of difference really. A keyword is a keyword. The only difference is that the 'person' keywords are used in face recognition, but there is no law that says you can't define another keyword as a person keyword as well.