Partial rename of hundreds of images

Status
Not open for further replies.

foshildgc

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Misspelled a word during import and have a few hundred images that I need to change part of filename. How do I change the spelling in one word and leave the rest of the filename as it is?

Thanks

Misspelled a word during import and have a few hundred images that I need to change part of filename. How do I change the spelling in one word and leave the rest of the filename as it is?

Thanks

I believe John Beardsworth has a search and replace plugin that will replace part of a file name.

Search and Replace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any reason you can't just use the "Rename Photo..." option on the Library menu?

Lightroom's built-in renaming doesn't allow you to "change the spelling in one word and leave the rest of the filename as it is". You either have to do it carefully outside LR (save metadata to file, use Bridge renaming with "string substitution", reimport) or use the plugin workaround.

Lightroom's built-in renaming doesn't allow you to "change the spelling in one word and leave the rest of the filename as it is".

Depends on how they were named in the first place. If they were named on import using a custom template, e.g.

{Date}_{Sequence #}_{Custom Text}

and the "Custom Text" part was misspelled, then they could be simply renamed using the same template, but with the custom text spelled correctly.

Check out Windows Power Toys this has a bulk rename facility. Anthony
That's a totally bad idea. You'd have to find each "missing" image one at a time.

Depends on how they were named in the first place.
To build on this reply-
If the original files were renamed AFTER being Imported then you can reset/rename the files to the Camera Filename, then do another rename with the corrected Custom details.
ScreenShot411.jpg

I believe that ‘Original file name’ should now also be available for images that were renamed during import, so this may indeed be a fairly easy way to correct the problem (assuming the misspell happened recently).

Thanks for all the replies.

Specifically during import I misspelled 2021 Las Vegas with 2021 Los Vegas for over 100 images so all I want is to change the 'o' to an 'a'.
The erroneous File Renaming module used during import is below. How do I make the change to all the photos that have that error? The photographer name has been replaced for her privacy.

1615043838255.png

I was able to recover the original images that were deleted in Dropbox so can import them again with the correct spelling. Thanks again for the help and maybe this helped someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back