• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Parent Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Taylor

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 12.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
I have some parent folders that are not showing in the folder list.

Internet query suggests right-click on folder and there should be an option to display folder. Not there

Lightroom Classic 12.1

Any suggestions?

I have some parent folders that are not showing in the folder list.

Internet query suggests right-click on folder and there should be an option to display folder. Not there

Lightroom Classic 12.1

Any suggestions?
The right-click option should be "Show Parent Folder", are you not seeing that?

What happens when you right click on the folder in the LrC Folders Panel? Do you get any sort of pop up menu?

Yes but nothing mentions parent folder

Attachments

• right-click.jpg
    right-click.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 43
That command won't show if the parent is already visible, as it is in your screenshot. What you're seeing is perfectly normal.

OK, thanks.
I had assumed that I had grouped my European photos in a folder such as 2005-eu and that had about 8 folders inside of it.

I had done that in several other years but apparently according to Explorer I had not done that for 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back