Parent Folder - Repeat Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waverley

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi all - I use LR 5 on a Windows 8 PC and have imported my photos from an external hard drive. The folders on the hard drive are organized in sub-folders chronologically by year: 2010, 2011, 2012, ... and the parent folder for all the subfolders is "My Photos." However, in LR, the name of the parent folder is repeated: "My Photos - My Photos." When I try to rename the parent folder, the repeated name returns. Any ideas on how to get the name not to repeat? Thanks in advance!

Hi all - I use LR 5 on a Windows 8 PC and have imported my photos from an external hard drive. The folders on the hard drive are organized in sub-folders chronologically by year: 2010, 2011, 2012, ... and the parent folder for all the subfolders is "My Photos." However, in LR, the name of the parent folder is repeated: "My Photos - My Photos." When I try to rename the parent folder, the repeated name returns. Any ideas on how to get the name not to repeat? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum.

The folder header has a (+) on the right. Click on that and check the line "Folder Name Only" from the context menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back