• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

P/S Sky Replacement Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitjv

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
As a preface to my question, I am a longtime Lightroom user that occasionally makes forays into Photoshop 2022 to use tools that Lightroom either does not have or Photoshop does better. With that, I used Sky Replacement in PS. As you can see in the image, some of the spokes on the ferris wheel have been partially obliterated by the sky replacement.

With my limited experience with PS, this is where I could use some help. Can someone kindly recommend a way to restore the spokes of the ferris wheel?

Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Sky.jpg
    Sky.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 122
It's better to try Sky Replacement again, and play with the settings so you do not have this problem. I would also advise you to use another (less dramatic) sky. The sky should be reflected in the water, and in this example it clearly is not. That makes it look fake, even if you managed to fix the spokes problem.

The spokes will probably be darker than the new sky. So you might try making a rough selection of the wheel on the background layer, feathering that selection a few pixels, and the Cmd J to put it into its own layer. Then move this wheel layer above the sky layer, and change the wheel layer's blending mode to Darken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back