Output to a private website

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonTB

Lightroom Experience
Power User
I've been working with Smug Mug/Lightroom for months now, and need an alternative solution. I want a password protected website that I can add and change images and metadata to constantly- making additions and corrections all the time. It needs to be extremely simple to use, keyword and metadata searchable, and inexpensive. Any ideas?

Hi Allison,

You might take a look at Zenfolio.com for a good general purpose site with a lot of bells and whistles including password protection of any or all of your galleries. Jeffery Friedl has an excellent Publish plugin for Zenfolio.

For a more professional setup but more expensive, there is PhotoDeck.com which is what I switched to from Zenfolio. It is more expensive but has a very fast and clean display format that you can easily customize to your own needs and features like client galleries. There is an export plugin for PhotoDeck at photographers-toolbox.com. That plugin unfortunately does not allow you to update metadata after the image is published, but there is extensive capability built in to the site to edit metadata. I put up with this limitation because of how great the rest of the features are. Check my website below for an example.

If you choose either let me know and I will PM you a code worth a discount on your initial purchase.

-louie

Alison,

There are many to chose from. I personally use Gallery 3. I've also tested and found
Piwigo to be a viable alternative.

There are many excellent Lightroom plugins to publish to these gallery servers.
Personally I use the very capable Vladimir Vinogradsky’s Gallery plugin.

Any of these and more will do what you've requested.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back