Replytoken

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
For the life of me, I can never remember what the better output sharpening choice is when printing on lustre paper. Is it glossy or matte?

--Ken

For the life of me, I can never remember what the better output sharpening choice is when printing on lustre paper. Is it glossy or matte?

--Ken
Lustre is another name for Semi-gloss. Of course semi gloss is also semi matte. :grin: I would use the glossy setting. But then I hardly ever use anything other than matte paper.

Cletus,

The next thing I know, you are going to tell me that there is no difference between partly sunny and partly cloudy days up here in the Northwest! :rolleyes:

Yes, the same thought went through my mind. IIRC, a long time ago somebody advised to use Glossy if in doubt. I think the implication was that sharpening for Matte was more aggressive than for Glossy, but I could be totally mistaken.

--Ken

Well, I had a minute to chat with the printer. He considers his lustre paper to be more in the glossy family, and recommended using the Glossy setting.

--Ken

Glossy is used with any paper that has any type of coating. Matte is used otherwise. Lustre is coated stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back