• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

OT Help with CD error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwigeoff

Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
I've written a CD (twice) using the Mac OS and sent it to a client. They say that is blue screens their PC's. (I said buy a Mac of course!!).
Now the files are jpeg exports from LR and I have done this plenty of times with no complaints.
I guess there could be a corrupt file (they are the only ones to get this export), if so how could I tell.
Or any other ideas??

Have you tried to see if they blue screen with a jump drive?

Aside from being quicker than burning a CD, it's also more ecological. I find most of the time the CD is used just to transfer file and then it gets shelved or tossed.

With the price of jump drives so cheap, you could get some 4 512 MB drives for $14 USD. at http://www.surpluscomputers.com/featured-cameras/cg-73/usb-flash-drives.html

Just a thought.

Reid

What are you using to burn it?

reidthaler;42'37 said:
Have you tried to see if they blue screen with a jump drive?

Aside from being quicker than burning a CD, it's also more ecological. I find most of the time the CD is used just to transfer file and then it gets shelved or tossed.

With the price of jump drives so cheap, you could get some 4 512 MB drives for $14 USD. at http://www.surpluscomputers.com/featured-cameras/cg-73/usb-flash-drives.html

Just a thought.

Reid

Good thought Reid. Most want to be able to put in a DVD player though.

Victoria Bampton;42'43 said:
What are you using to burn it?
Mac superdrive.
This is the first issue I've had and the client gets it on two computers. I send out files of balloon rides and this couple went in the small 2 person balloon( rather cool!!) so they are the only ones receiving these files. They are sending back the CD's I have sent so will see what happens then.

Sorry, I meant what software? Burning directly from the OS? I had similar problems once upon a time. I eventually bought Toast, but I did well with Burn (freebie) before that, particularly when sending to Windows users. http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Victoria Bampton;42'59 said:
Sorry, I meant what software? Burning directly from the OS? I had similar problems once upon a time. I eventually bought Toast, but I did well with Burn (freebie) before that, particularly when sending to Windows users. http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Thanks Victoria, just used the OS.
Never had issues before so will wait until I get the CD back and look further.
I am trying to keep the applications I use to a minimum but will keep that Burn in mind.

Yeah, give Burn a shot. I'd forgotten why I stopped using the OS to burn cross-platform discs..... LOL Go for the ISO format, whatever it was called, and it solved it.

Hi Geoff,

No matter what you burn on a CD it should not 'Blue Screen' the PC. Test it in another PC if you can. My guess is there is something wrong at the clients end... PC's have all sorts of nasty viruses etc. that cause havoc.

I have an old copy of Toast if you need to test it. I don't have it installed as I've never required it, the OS works fine for burning for me.

Cheers Nik, I didn't see you sneek in.
Did you see the Midweek last week??

I didn't think there should be blue screening either. I'll see when I get the CD's back..........

Touch base......

Now I know who you are:lol::lol:

Didn't realise you are in Greytown Nik!! What do you do in the day????

Help is just around the corner!!

I work for BNZ, I'm a senior database administrator (Electronics Engineer by trade but 1'+ years in IT now) I get to work from home about twice a week, usually Mondays & Thursdays. Train to Welly the rest of the week.

We'll have to catch up some more, I'm sure there would be mutual benefits!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back