Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Farlow

Founder of Lightroom Forums
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
So, for those of us that walk on the Mac side, how many are going for Leopard when it is released? Me? I can't wait for Friday, October 26, 2''7 at 6:''pm EST. I will be in line, cash ready to go.

I'll be installing it on the MacBook first to see how the install goes. I intend on doing a clean install on both my MacBook and Mac Pro, but I want to use it and get comfortable with it before redoing the Mac Pro.

Anyone else?

I have access to it now at work for testing and evaluation (haven't tried Lightroom on it, though), and will likely install it on my personal machines in the relatively near future, but not on day one. Probably a week or three later.

I'll wait a few weeks too.

Reasonable. I am installing it on the laptop first because there isn't anything on the laptop of importance at this point, so I get to experiment with it.

I get a Free ($9.95 S&H) upgrade because of my new laptop. But I'll wait a bit before a full switch. I can install and boot from a Sleeved SATA USB2 drive, so may try that first to see who it goes and effects all my haxies, etc.

Don

I'll install on a 2nd drive as soon as it arrives. I have a little more confidence in this than in previous Windows OS upgrades anyway!

Victoria, did you vote?

Don

:frown:please don't keep changing the wording, what I voted for is not there now and invalidates the poll.:frown:

Sorry Ian, it was the Mac one I was thinking or not of !!! :roll::roll:I'll just go back to bed .......:lol::lol:

Victoria,

I will be one of the early adopters, for sure!
:)

Ill buy in the new year, I get my next grant check then other wise Id be tempted to buy when it ships mainly for the time machine feature.

I watched the video preview on Apple's Site regarding Leopard, and the Time Machine feature looks incredible. I realize it's just a backup feature, but it seems really well done and terribly simple to use.

I must admit this is the first time I'm not "on top of things" when it comes to Mac OS X. I've been running it since the first public betas, but now I just want a stable and fast machine and I don't have the patience for incompabilities. I've even held of the update to 1'.4.1' just cuz there was so many reports about it not working well.

It must mean I'm getting old.

But I will keep myself fairly updated to see if I will install it later.

I'm doing 1'.4.1' and LR, no problems. Not with other apps, either. I know people testing Leopard and loving it.

Don

Yip - I will be in line...can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it. Will be upgrading to it - if that doesn't work then I'll do a clean install. About time anyway..

No problems with 1'.4.1' or any software/hardware that I use, and I will apply 1'.4.11 when it hits the streets without hesitation. Can't wait for 1'.5!

I pre-ordered but I'm not sure how soon I'll install. There are one or two other critical apps that haven't committed to being 1'.5 compatible... yet. 8)

@Ian -- I have not. I've just checked individual apps.

@Victoria -- Most distressing (to me) is FileMaker Pro because I use that constantly for my day job. Then there are all of those billions of little freeware apps that none of us can live without...

At this point I think I'm going to install it on my iBook this weekend, and when I'm comfortable with the compatibility I'll put it on The Big Guy.

That sounds like a good plan Katie. I worked out my must-have's and as long as those *should* run, even if in a slightly buggy state, I'm willing to upgrade. Fortunately there's nothing I use all the time which has declared that it will be incompatible (yet!).

I'm just waiting for mine to arrive but I'll probably install it on a external drive for testing purposes.... I love a new software upgrade. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back