• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Organize photos by size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lserpa

Hello all. I am selecting some photos for printing and would like to organize photos by size. Apparently LR doesn't have this feature. I saw on another forum that I should download a plug in (Any filter?) but my LR doesn't have a Plug in manager that is required. Any suggestion? Should I get another version of LR?

Thanks in advance,

Luis Serpa

Which Lightroom version are you using Luis? If it's the cloud version, then it doesn't have the ability to use plug-ins at this time. Lightroom Classic does. If you go to Help menu > System Info, it'll tell you a version number.

I don't have a plug in to recommend for you.
If I wanted to organize mine as I think you are asking , I would use color labels.
When I create a jpeg to be printed, I add a text to the file name that identifies size, like 5x7 or 8x10. I add "print" to the key words.
I would then do a search of all 5x7 , and assign them a color, like red. I would do the same for 8x10 and give them a yellow., etc.
I would then search for all photos with print, and sort them by label color.

Hello all. I am selecting some photos for printing and would like to organize photos by size. Apparently LR doesn't have this feature. I saw on another forum that I should download a plug in (Any filter?) but my LR doesn't have a Plug in manager that is required. Any suggestion? Should I get another version of LR?

Thanks in advance,

Luis Serpa

@Lserpa

Size of image (resolution), color depth, largest dimension (length vs width), portrait vs landscape, total image file size?
You will need to be a little more specific of what you are trying to accomplish. Lightroom cloud system does not have sorting by size at all, but depending on the requirements, we might be able to provide a work around.

@Jimmsp

Color labels are a Classic feature, not cloud. You would effectively be required to use keywords, or some unused meta-data field (in addition you cannot manipulate filenames either).

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back